News & Links
If you have news and links please send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you so much to the Victorian community for your support of the 2016 Poppy Appeal. The feedback we have received from our amazing Sub-Branch, ADF and corporate volunteers has been fantastic. Watch this space for further updates. Thank you one and all.
Latest NEWS from National Office
Please Click HERE
ANZAC of the Year Awards 2017
The State Branch of the Victorian RSL has made available four Tertiary Scholarships to be awarded annually to four veterans transitioning from the Defence Force into civilian life. We hope it can offer an attractive and meaningful career alternative for those people looking for a strong community to transition to following the completion of their service.
1. Candidates must have served a minimum period of 5 years and are Australian citizens or hold permanent residency and are eligible for citizenship, or those discharged for medical reasons;
2. Must have outstanding academic achievement or outstanding sporting achievement in previous studies;
3. Demonstrated commitment to the Defence Force and the broader community;
4. Lodge a written essay of 1000 words describing their military experience
5. Ten finalists are to be interviewed by either the State President or Secretary and panel. Four of the candidates being the finalists each receiving $10k.
6. Successful applicants have the right to re-apply for follow up;
Applications open from 1st March, 2017 until 31st August, 2017 for the commencement Summer Semester 2018
Please send applications to:
4 Collins Street
To download appliacations for Awards please select from these options.
- 50 Year Long Service
- 75 Year Long Service
- Women's Auxiliary 50 Year Service
- Life Membership
- Women's Auxiliary Life Membership
- Meritorious Service Medal
- National Certificate of Merit with Gold Badge
- State Certificate of Appreciation
Vietnam Veterans' Family Study
The Vietnam Veterans Family Study (VVFS) is the most significant research program ever undertaken by the Australian Government into the health of the families of Australia’s Vietnam veterans.
The study examined the physical, mental and social health of Vietnam veterans and their families, covering a broad range of health outcomes for these people.
Over 27,000 people participated in the studies, including Vietnam veterans, partners and their children. Defence Force personnel of the same era who did not deploy to Vietnam, and their families, participated in the study as a control group.
To read further details regarding the study, please click HERE to be directed to the Department of Veteran's Affairs Website.
TO READ THE RSL NATIONAL PRESIDENTS COMMENTS ON THE REPORT, PLEASE CLICK HERE
National President's Strategic Plan 2015-2020 Download
Community Benefits Report 2015 Download Awards Nomination Pack 2017 Download
RSL Rewards Rules Download Participating RSL Rewards Sub-Branches Download
Community Benefits Reports
RSL Victoria Community Benefits Report 2015 Download
President & CEO Notes
Chief Executive Officer’s Report September 2014 Download State President's Report September 2014 Download
Codes of Conduct
English Download Arabic Download Greek Download Italian Download Spanish Download Traditional Chinese Download Turkish Download Vietnamese Download
External Website Links
Department of Veteran Affairs www.dva.gov.au Australian War Memorial www.awm.gov.au Veterans Review Board www.vrb.gov.au Trans-Civ www.transciv.com.au Veterans Grants http://www.dpc.vic.gov.au/index.php/veterans/veterans-grants ANZAC Centenary www.anzaccentenary.gov.au ANZAC Centenary Victoria www.anzaccentenary.vic.gov.au RSL Australia www.rsl.org.au RSL NSW www.rslnsw.org.au RSL QLD www.rslqld.org
www.rslwahq.org.au RSL NT www.darwinrsl.com.au RSL SA www.rslsa.org.au RSL TAS www.rsltas.org.au RSL ACT www.actrsl.org.au RSL Defence Sub Branch www.rsldefencesubbranch.com.au Anzac Appeal www.anzacappeal.com.au Poppy Appeal www.poppyappeal.com.au National Archives of Australia http://www.naa.gov.au/