The RSL was founded in 1916 to provide comradeship and support to Australia’s veterans and their families.
Our Mission: To provide the best possible support & services to all generations of Veterans in Victoria.
Our Vision: Every Veteran in Victoria is respected & supported, together with their families.
Our Values: Empathy, Tradition, Integrity, Mateship, Transparency, Compassion, Respect
- Policy development and public advocacy on behalf of the League,
- Promote, protect and shape the reputation and public perceptions of the League,
- Deliver and lead Veteran services,
- Governance, compliance and risk management leadership,
- Sub-Branch and member support and advice,
- Authorise the establishment and dis-establishment of Victorian Sub-Branches
- Leadership in living the values and culture of the League.
In addition to this however, we are a community organisation and our community support is wide and varied including:
- Local sporting groups and clubs
- Educational institutions with grants and scholarships
- Emergency services with equipment and funding
- Health and aged care
- Kindred organisations such as Legacy
- Other mainstream charities doing great work across Victoria.