Who We Are + What We Do
The RSL was founded in 1916 to provide comradeship and support to Australia’s veterans and their families.
That core mission has never changed but has continued to evolve to meet the needs of each generation of servicemen and women.
We have a branch network that covers Australia and any veteran who needs help will get it – every serving ADF member and veteran will be warmly welcomed at their local RSL.
We advocate for the best possible conditions for our serving men and women and for those who have served the nation in the past.
We foster respect and thanks from the nation for all those who have made sacrifices in Australia’s name and we will provide a strong voice on issues of national unity and security.
In addition to this however, we are a community organisation and our community support is wide and varied including:
- Local sporting groups and clubs
- Educational institutions with grants and scholarships
- Emergency services with equipment and funding
- Health and aged care
- Kindred organisations such as Legacy
- Other mainstream charities doing great work across Victoria.
For more information, see our Community Benefits Report