Sub Branch was built by YEA RSL Members in association with the whole of YEA Community contributing physically / financially. YEA RSL was officially opened in October 1959 by then Governor of Victoria Lieut. General Sir Dallas Brooks, and was rededicated 50 years later by Governor Professor David DeKretser AC on 18th October 2009. The Australian Light Horse was prominent in YEA / Seymour area. There is a significant Military History in YEA, including various Honour Rolls etc. and our cenotaph.